Rep. Devin Nunes, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, attended a breakfast meeting at which Michael Flynn and Turkey’s foreign minister were also present. The breakfast took place just before President Donald Trump’s inauguration in January. A Wall Street Journal report published Friday indicated the special counsel Robert Mueller was scrutinizing Flynn’s dealings with the Turkish government. Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, attended a breakfast meeting in January that Michael Flynn, then the incoming national security adviser, and Mevlut Cavusoglu, the Turkish foreign minister, also attended. The breakfast event, held on Wednesday, January 18, was closed to the press, and it is still unclear what exactly was discussed. The Washington correspondent for the Turkish newspaper Daily Sabah, which tends to be pro-government, reported at the time that an aide to Cavusoglu said he “was the only foreign leader at the breakfast and the topics on the US-Turkish agenda were discussed by the attendees.” The invitation, obtained by the newspaper, said the breakfast would “be a small event for about 50-60 guests” and that the incoming White House chief of staff, Reince Priebus, “might join the meeting,” Daily Sabah reported. Nunes’ spokesman, who did… Read full this story
- Transcript: David Cohen talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters" podcast
- Meet the Texas Republican Going After the House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairmanship
- House Intel: Post-midterms, how much can the committee change?
- Carter Page reacts to calls to declassify FISA documents
- In 2017 Op-Ed, new acting attorney general said Mueller 'is going too far'
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Warren's DNA reveal backfires, angers Dems; Missing Saudi activist's kin wants independent probe
- Senate set to vote on Kavanaugh
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Inside McCain’s remembrance week
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Supreme showdown set for Kavanaugh, accuser; DOJ asked to probe John Kerry's 'shadow diplomacy'
- Meet the Democrats poised to torment Trump
Devin Nunes attended a breakfast with Michael Flynn and Turkey’s foreign minister just before the inauguration have 305 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at November 10, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.