The gender pay gap, competition from global streaming powerhouses and the battle against sexual harassment and bullying were in focus Tuesday as senior management of U.K. public broadcaster BBC, including chairman David Clementi, director general Tony Hall and deputy director general Anne Bulford, answered questions before the British Parliament’s Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee.Harvey Weinstein, Netflix, Amazon, Apple and Brexit were all mentioned, as were the BBC’s recently published annual report and the renewal of the public broadcaster’s royal charter, which established a unitary board that replaced a previous two-tier governance structure. Asked about the BBC’s attempts to battle bullying and sexual harassment since the Jimmy Savile scandal a few years ago, Bulford said surveys and internal “temperature checks” show progress in the sense that people feel “more confident” now about reporting issues, and that they feel the BBC will properly respond to complaints. She said the BBC has also made “good progress” on the time it takes to investigate complaints. After the initial reports of sexual harassment and assault against movie producer Harvey Weinstein, the BBC also reiterated its policies and procedures in cases of harassment and bullying, Bulford said. “After the Weinstein material was published, we reminded staff again of the procedures,”… Read full this story
- Internet Pay-Per-View - The Taste Of Things To Come!
- The Best Classical Music Streaming Service Is Idagio
- Wall Street Giant Bailout - And the Politicians That Caused It
- How to Effectively Fire Your Boss
- Home Business Income Recreates A Bush Dwellers Dignity
- Traveling Animal Shows Take Good Care of Their Business
- What Constitutes a Successful and Legitimate Direct Sales Company
- Can Newcastle United Survive a Crisis
- 5 Tips to Improve the Quality of Your Audio Products
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
BBC Bosses Quizzed on Gender Pay Gap, Competition From Streaming Giants have 307 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at November 7, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.