apocalyptic” following the devastation from Hurricane Maria last month, and President Trump has attacked political leaders on the island territory and the media over Twitter following criticisms of the slow pace of U.S.-backed relief efforts. But Tesla is now sending the U.S. territory hundreds of its battery systems to pair with solar panels and help provide sorely needed electricity.Bloomberg reported that Tesla is shipping its Powerwall home battery systems along with employees, who are working with local organizations to identify suitable locations and repairing solar panels. CEO Elon Musk has also personally donated $250,000 to recovery efforts, Fortune reports.All told, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce estimates that corporate donations have so far reached $24.1 million for Hurricane Maria relief efforts. It’s not clear whether other automakers have stepped up for Puerto Rico, but Ford and its dealers, Chevrolet, Fiat Chrysler, GM and Hyundai have all pledged money to Hurricane Irma recovery efforts in Texas, according to Reuters.Puerto Rico and its 3.5 million residents have been mostly without power since Maria struck the island Sept. 20, with generators supplying electricity to only high-priority sites such as hospitals.Meanwhile, Bloomberg reports that Puerto Rico’s dependence on automobiles — it has the fifth-highest number… Read full this story
- Trump Authorizes Emergency Relief Aid to Puerto Rico Hit by Storm Laura
- Trump puts Puerto Rico on notice over hurricane aid
- Puerto Rico: Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor over Maria response
- Dr. Fauci says children are NOT immune to coronavirus, signing a waiver doesn't protect you and hydroxy is NOT a cure as Democrats make him address Donald Trump's claims - after he clashes with Republican firebrand over protests
- Biden unites Democrats — for now
- Montauk Beach is PACKED with visitors as the NYC exodus continues as city residents flock to nearby seaside destinations within the state to avoid a 14-day quarantine on return
- Goya Foods CEO Won't Apologize for Complimenting Trump, Says Boycott Is 'Suppression of Speech'
- A weakened Tropical Storm Marco and a strengthening Tropical Storm Laura are heading for the Gulf Coast
- Will the 2020 census numbers be good enough, and how soon will we know?
- Don Jr. says this election is 'church, work and school vs. rioting, looting and vandalism' - while Kimberly Guilfoyle attacks Biden and his 'socialist comrades' who will 'fundamentally change this nation'
Tesla among growing list of corporations aiding Puerto Rico relief efforts have 381 words, post on www.autoblog.com at October 1, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.