Two Indonesian warships docked at Ho Chi Minh City’s Nha Rong Port on Wednesday to start a four-day visit to the southern metropolis. The corvettes KRI Sultan Hasanuddin (366) and KRI Sultan Iskandar Muda (367) carry a total of 53 officers and 130 sailors led by Lieutenant Colonel Sumarji Bimoaji, commander of the KRI Sultan Iskandar Muda, according to Thanh Nien (Young People) newspaper. Upon arrival, the crews were welcomed by representatives of the Vietnamese Navy, the 7th Military Region, the Ministry of National Defense’s Foreign Relations Department and diplomatic and military officials from HCMC. During the visit, the ships’ crews will participate in exchanges with units from the 7th Military Region and the Vietnamese Navy to enhance understanding between the two countries’ military forces. The crews will also take part in sport events with staff and students from Vietnam’s Naval Technical College and Naval Academy. Speaking at the welcoming ceremony, Colonel Ha Xuan Xu of the Vietnamese Navy wished the crews a successful visit and said he hoped to further strengthen the friendly relations between the two countries’ armies and navies, Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reported. In return the Indonesian commanders thanked their Vietnamese hosts for the warm welcome… Read full this story
- Vietnam’s latest coronavirus patient visits Ho Chi Minh City before becoming symptomatic
- Ho Chi Minh City photo exhibition introduces Vietnam's 12 island districts
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes PM to bring breakthrough to key projects
- Ho Chi Minh City quarantines daughter, grandson of Da Nang's COVID-19 patient
- Ho Chi Minh City busts latest illegal entry case involving 8 Chinese
- Ho Chi Minh City courts US investment in new 'Eastern City'
- Photos capture beauty of Ho Chi Minh City's rural Can Gio District
- 11 illegal Chinese found in Ho Chi Minh City condo
- Ho Chi Minh City tracking passengers on two flights from Da Nang
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes expanding lifespan of Saigon Centre IV and V
Indonesian naval ships start four-day visit to Ho Chi Minh City have 310 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 19, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.