- Quang Binh gives nod to 62.5 million USD resort
- Vietnam to earn 170-220 million USD from exporting fine art wood products to Japan by 2010
- Work on 110 million USD resort starts in Da Nang
- Van Don Int’l Airport moves a step closer to becoming reality
- Van Don Int`l Airport moves a step closer to becoming reality – On-going projects – Investment
Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Van Don, a rural district of Quang Ninh province in the northeastern region of Vietnam, may soon see a 5 trillion VND (220 million USD) resort complex.
Real estate developer CEO Group has proposed to the provincial People’s Committee its intention to build the SonaSea Dragon Bay complex which will have a total area of 94ha.
This will include a hotel complex of 5,000 rooms, a water park, shopping centres and a shop house, as well as docks and a public beach. The project is expected to take shape during the 2018-22 period.
The committee has asked the group to complete its planning and submit a proposal for consideration this month.
With this investment plan, the CEO Group will revive the largest tourism project in Van Don, which has been sluggish for the past decade.
The CEO Group’s investment plans for Van Don come just before the National Assembly prepares for the approval of the Special Administrative-Economic Zone Act, which will create preferential policies on governance, tax incentives and business operations.
Holding in high regard the advantages of tourism and its mechanism to attract investors to the Quang Ninh province, especially the special economic zone mechanism in the near future, the CEO Group chose Van Don to be the next strategic location in its investment and development in Vietnam.-VNA