By Bernie Cahiles-Magkilat With the trend going more towards outsourcing for cost efficiency, there are still a few who would like to do it all, top to bottom. RDF Feed, Livestock & Foods, Inc., formerly Red Dragon Farm, is not wanting to have it all, but it wants a full control of its production, supply, market, and quality and standards. Spearheaded by a professional veterinary medicine top notch Robert Hui Lo from the University of the Philippines, RDF is now one of the country’s most integrated livestock and meat producers. RDF has developed specialization in the fields of poultry medicine and production, swine production, feedmill operations, animal nutrition, veterinary epidemiology, meatshop retail operations, and meat processing. The company A native of Binondo, Lo comes from an enterprising Filipino-Chinese family. They own and still operate a small department store originally called Ketch. “It is a very conservative business, but we’ve been doing this for 40 years already,” says Lo. His fondness for animals led him to take up veterinary medicine at the University of the Philippines in Diliman. Upon finishing veterinary medicine, Lo wanted to leave for the US for further studies, but his visa was denied and this forced him… Read full this story
- The New Makers of Plant-Based Meat? Big Meat Companies
- With Organic Foods on the Rise, Food Safety Issues Become a Bigger Concern
- Rise of the 'wonder bean': from deforestation to your plate
- Meat Substitutes Market Trends, Growth Prospects To 2022: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Diet - Is meat really good for us? What happens when we eat meat? Find out..
- What if...the world turned vegan?
- Wall St. flat as trade optimism wanes, earnings in focus
- US STOCKS-Wall St flat as trade optimism wanes, earnings in focus
- EMERGING MARKETS-Latam FX weaken as dollar gains momentum
- Beef crisis meeting planned for October 1st
Another meat producer rises have 300 words, post on business.mb.com.ph at September 5, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.