Dennis Wagner azcentral.com | USA TODAY NETWORK Published 11:06 PM EDT Mar 27, 2018 ON THE U.S.-MEXICO BORDER — There is no wall here. There is no fence, either. There are no agents or drones or surveillance towers. Only a river and a breeze. We wade into the Rio Grande at a place called Boquillas Canyon, mud squishing between toes, midway through a nearly 2,000-mile journey. By car, by foot, and foremost by helicopter, we are here to see every inch of the U.S.-Mexico boundary. Our mission is to film the border, evaluate the existing fences, document this invisible line as it exists in 2017 — before any construction begins on what President Donald Trump has repeatedly called “a big, beautiful wall.” So far, we have followed this river from its mouth in the Gulf of Mexico. The Rio Grande undulates along more than half of the U.S.-Mexico boundary. Border agents have patrolled it for years, sometimes risking their lives to enforce the law. Millions of migrants have walked or paddled across. In the next days, we’ll leave the river behind, following the border as it cuts a straight line west to the Pacific. Already our journey has made some things clear. In… Read full this story
- The Organizers of the Border Wall GoFundMe Are Now Trying to Build the Wall Themselves
- Donald Trump's 2020 Campaign Claims President Kept His Border Wall Promises—but Has He?
- Trump Boasts About Using Military Money to Build Border Wall on Same Day Judge Blocks Funding
- Donald Trump Promises Border Wall Is 'On Its Way,' Says It Will Be Harder to Climb Than Mt. Everest When Completed
- White House Report on Drug Crisis Doesn't Mention Trump's Border Wall
- Ann Coulter Says Donald Trump Is Afraid of Border Wall Fight, Says Agreement Is His 'Yellow New Deal'
- CBP Releases Drone Footage Of New Section Of Border Wall
- In Setback to Trump, US Judge Blocks $3.6 Billion Fund Transfer to Mexican Border Wall
- U.S. judge blocks $3.6 billion transfer to Mexican border wall
- Federal judge blocks $3.6 billion transfer to border wall
A 2,000-mile journey in the shadow of the border wall have 337 words, post on eu.usatoday.com at September 4, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.