Supreme Court & other High Courts need to inquire about carcinogenic asbestos laden buildings in their premises The Division Bench of Calcutta High Court has passed an order which can set the process of making West Bengal free of asbestos based products. The order seeks removal of carcinogenic-asbestos that has been used for roofing in the Court’s buildings. This order underlines the serious unprecedented environmental and occupational health crisis with regard to the unnoticed epidemic of asbestos related diseases in West Bengal in particular and in the country in general.In Writ Petition (Civil). No. 14729 (W) of 2016, the Bench of Acting Chief Justice Nishita Mhatre and Justice Tapabrata Chakraborty passed the verdict observing, “The High Court main building is undergoing repairs with the assistance of the Public Works Department (PWD) of the Government of West Bengal and other Authorities. When the entire renovation is undertaken, it is expected that the High Court and the PWD or, any other body entrusted with the renovation will ensure that the asbestos-sheets, which have been used for roofing, would be replaced by any other materials which are non-carcinogenic.”Prior to this when current West Bengal Chief minister was the Union Railway Minister, the ministry… Read full this story
- Maid’s story of torture shines light on India slave labor
- Collapsed building owner arrested on India border
- Five arrested in India over Japanese tourist gang-rape
- Can we prevent importing the moral decline of the West?
- Philippines dislodges China, India
- Uber’s exodus continues: Here are all the high-ranking execs who left the troubled company this year
- This travel blogger visited every country in the world and only spent $20 a day — here’s how
- Finally oust or impeach PNoy and welcome a caretaker
- EC Gazettes Official GE13 Results, 21-Day Period Starts May 23
- From the idiotization of our morality flows derangement of our politics
Calcutta High Court’s Order Paves Way For Asbestos Free West Bengal & India have 301 words, post on www.livelaw.in at August 27, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.