As the Wallabies and All Blacks prepare for their first encounter of 2017, let us look back at some of the great matches between these two rugby nations. There is no shortage of memorable Bledisloe Cup encounters – hardly surprising given that 86 years have passed since the famous trophy was first awarded. But it is fitting to start with a match considered to be one of the finest played in international rugby history, one that merited a truly memorable description… Bledisloe Cup sex In 2000, the Wallabies and the All Blacks played one of the greatest Tests in the history of rugby. In front of over 100,000 people crammed into the Olympic Stadium, in a festival of brilliant performances, comebacks from defeat by both teams and a climactic finish, the All Blacks, through a last-minute try scored by the iconic Jonah Lomu, won 39-35. This remains the most points scored in a Test between Australia and New Zealand. The match so enthralled the general public that the journalist Jane Fraser revealed to her readers that eastern suburbs matrons had taken to calling great love-making the equivalent of “Bledisloe Cup sex.” Should Lord Bledisloe have his name on the cup?… Read full this story
- Bruins Heartbroken, At A Loss For Words Following Game 7 Defeat
- 8 Olympic Athletes Embrace Their Black Girl Magic in Rio
- Did Black Men Fight at Gettysburg?
- Stream of Consciousness: Stay Woke for Black History Month With Netflix and Hulu
- With Queen of Katwe, Figuring Out What Black Moviegoers Want Remains a Mystery
- These Blackity-Black Productions Will Be Coming to Your Screen in 2018
- A Guide to Fantasy and Science Fiction Made for Black People, by Black People
- Why Is Society Intent on Erasing Black People in Fantasy and Sci-fi’s Imaginary Worlds?
- Who Was Napoleon's 'Black Devil'?
- Top 20 News Stories of 2010
All Blacked-out! Inspiring stories of Bledisloe Cup glory and defeat have 294 words, post on www.theroar.com.au at August 18, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.