The 20th Vietnam Film Festival 2017, themed ‘Building a modern and humane cinematic industry’ will take place in Da Nang city from November 24 to 28 of the same month.
|At the press conference in Hanoi on August 15|
The information was released by the Vietnam Cinema Department under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism at a press conference in Hanoi on August 15.
A series of activities will be held during the five-day event, including free outdoor screenings of films, seminars on the ASEAN film industry and afterwards seminars on the development of the Vietnamese movie sector. An exhibition on Vietnamese cinema and exchanges between actors, directors, producers and audiences will also be included.
In addition, there will be the acceptance of re-make films which will be featured in this year’s film festival.
Among them, the ASEAN Film Award will introduce the best movies in the region to the world and strenghten the role of the cinema industry in supporting the culture and friendship among nations of the ASEAN community.
The 20th Vietnam Film Festival will feature the participation of 800 delegates, who will all be artist, managers, producers from Vietnam and 50 other international delegates.
Under the agenda of the festival, Vietnam film weeks will be held in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang.
The film festival aims to honor local cinematographic works featuring traditional characteristics of creativity; and pay tribute to movie makers and artists who have made outstanding contributions to the national movie industry.
- 'The Donut Dollies' to highlight Ashfield Film Festival
- Denver Film Festival reveals dates, tickets for the 2018 event
- Oscar contender 'Green Book' gets 2018 New Orleans Film Festival off to a flashy start
- Adapt CNY teams with Syracuse Contemporary Irish Film Festival to present 2nd annual event
- Gary Hart Biopic The Front Runner to Close Austin Film Festival
- Miami Film Festival's Gems 2018 Announces a Lineup of Oscar Hopefuls
- Sarasota gears up for Fabulous Independent Film Festival at the Harvey Milk Festival
- Kobe Bryant Cut From Film Festival Jury After Protest Over 2003 Rape Case
- The Astronot is Screening at the South Texas International Film Festival in Edinburg, TX on Wednesday, September 5
- The Astronot's Oregon Premiere Screening at Klamath Independent Film Festival is on Saturday, September 15