WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Tuesday announced new sanctions targeting Iran’s ballistic missile program and support for terrorists, citing the failure of the Iran nuclear deal to contribute to the stability of the Middle East.The move came a day after the administration certified to Congress that Iran is complying with the nuclear deal but would face consequences for breaching its “spirit.”President Trump, who vowed as a presidential candidate to dismantle the agreement, has given himself more time to determine whether to let it stand.Congress requires regular notification from the administration that Iran is complying with the agreement it reached two years ago with the United States and five other world powers to limit its nuclear program to peaceful purposes. Ballistic missile tests are banned by the United Nations but are not covered by the nuclear accord.The sanctions designate 18 entities and individuals supporting Iran’s ballistic missile program, Iran’s military and Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), and an Iranian transnational criminal organization, the State Department said.”Iran’s other malign activities are serving to undercut whatever ‘positive contributions’ to regional and international peace and security were intended to emerge from the (agreement),” State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said in a statement.The nuclear deal, which bans weapons development in return for the lifting of international… Read full this story
- Iran remains in compliance with nuclear deal, despite US withdrawal & sanctions – watchdog
- Israel delight as Trump designates Iran guards terror organisation
- Iran inches away from nuclear deal amid US sanctions
- Iran suspends parts of nuclear deal
- Prof. Doubts China Would Like Trump's 'Grand Nuclear Deal' Proposal
- Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un look for ‘right deal’ at nuclear summit
- Iran quits parts of critical 2015 nuclear deal
- Iran prepares to withdraw from parts of nuclear deal
- Iranian businesses devise creative ways to evade Trump sanctions
- Iran Promises to Unveil 100+ 'Nuclear Achievements' to 'Send Message to Enemies'
Trump sanctions Iran over missiles, terrorism after saying it complies with nuclear deal have 313 words, post on www.usatoday.com at July 18, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.