President Donald Trump just announced the United States will pull out of the Paris climate agreements, though it will try to negotiate for a new climate deal. Withdrawing from the agreement — a landmark deal that commits almost every country in the world to reducing greenhouse gas emissions to fight global warming — was one of Trump's signature campaign promises. In recent months, however, it seemed less clear whether he would go through with it. "We're getting out, but we're starting to negotiate and we will see if we can make a deal that's fair," Trump said from a press conference in the White House Rose Garden. "If we can, that's great. If we can't, that's fine." After the conference, France, Germany, and Italy issued a joint statement saying that the agreement can't be negotiated, according to the Associated Press . Reached at the end of 2015, the Paris deal was one of the most comprehensive climate change agreements ever passed; it is notable because it included countries like China, which pollute heavily but have not signed on to climate deals before. Under the agreement, former President Barack Obama had pledged to reduce US emissions by 26–28 percent of 2005… Read full this story
- May Must Make Clear To Trump The Urgent Need To Tackle Climate Change
- Macron and Trump renew Franco-American ties over 'shared battles'
- Mike Pompeo dodges Russia questions in confirmation hearing for secretary of state
- Donald Trump hails strength of US-French alliance as he welcomes Emmanuel Macron to White House
- Europeans scramble to salvage Iran deal after Trump reneges
- UN climate talks fail to draft Paris treaty 'operating manual'
- EU takes anti-Trump trade show to China and Japan
- Expanding 'dead zone' in Arabian Sea raises climate change fears
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: Trump envoy meets Kim — PMQs race to the bottom — View from India House
- G7 dogged by rifts between US and allies
Trump will pull United States out of landmark Paris climate agreement have 323 words, post on www.theverge.com at June 1, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.