President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that Chinese efforts to persuade North Korea to rein in its nuclear program have failed, ratcheting up the rhetoric over the death of an American student who had been detained by Pyongyang. Trump has held high hopes for greater cooperation from China to exert influence over North Korea, leaning heavily on Chinese President Xi Jinping for his assistance. The two leaders had a high-profile summit in Florida in April and Trump has frequently praised Xi and resisted criticizing Chinese trade practices. “While I greatly appreciate the efforts of President Xi & China to help with North Korea, it has not worked out. At least I know China tried!” Trump wrote in a tweet. It was unclear whether his remark represented a significant shift in his thinking in the U.S. struggle to stop North Korea’s nuclear program and its test launching of missiles or a change in U.S. policy toward China. “I think the president is signaling some frustration,” Christopher Hill, a former U.S. ambassador to South Korea, told MSNBC. “He’s signaling to others that he understands this isn’t working, and he’s trying to defend himself, or justify himself, by saying that at least… Read full this story
- Trump’s China Handshake Fails to Lift Economic Gloom
- Donald Trump says China should investigate Joe Biden
- Trump Says He Would Have Peace Prize If It Was 'Given Fairly'
- North Korea says nuclear talks with the US have broken down
- North Korea boasts its latest test missile landed just SEVEN metres from its target as Kim promises a 'bigger gift package' for the US and claims South Korea and Trump are practising dropping nuclear bombs
- Ball in Trump’s Court for North Korea Success
- North Korea welcomes Trump’s call for ‘new method’ in talks
- Trump says meeting with Kim Jong Un ‘could happen soon’
- Trump Says Meeting With North Korea’s Kim ‘Could Happen Soon’
- North Korea in fresh US talks
Trump says China tried but failed to help on North Korea have 325 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 21, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.