Passengers will soon be travelling from Paris to Bordeaux and Rennes in western France in record time, with new high-speed trains all set to make their very first journeys. From July 2nd, the new high-speed Paris-Bordeaux and Paris-Rennes train lines will massively reduce journey times between the cities. The TGV lines, christened LGVs (Lignes a Grande Vitesse), will cut the journey time from Paris to Bordeaux by more than an hour, from 3h14 to 2h04. Passengers will also be making the trip from Paris to Rennes in record time as the upgrade sees the journey cut from 2h04 to 1h25. One passenger with a seat reserved for the inaugural trip to the stunning Breton capital is none other than new French president Emmanuel Macron . READ ALSO: Bordeaux. Photo: Flickr In order to create the new lines, rail operator SNCF has extended the southwestern TGV route from Tours to Bordeaux and the western lines from Le Mans all the way to Rennes. With all the anticipation, people have been reserving their seat on the new lines for some time. “We already have a million reservations. That’s 40 percent more than normal,” Pepy noted. “It will change the lives of people who are… Read full this story
- High-speed rail link gets £800m more in state funding
- French high-speed rail on track but progress too slow on commuter lines
- Royal Navy's £3billion warship HMS Queen Elizabeth sets sail for sea trials after completing 14-day quarantine it started when two of the 700 crew on board tested positive for coronavirus
- Trump: USNS Comfort Will Be Open to Treat COVID-19 Patients From New York, New Jersey
- When is the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019? All you need to know
- Endless cities: will China's new urbanisation just mean more sprawl?
- Elon Musk's model mom Maye shares cute photo of her new grandson X Æ A-12 on Mother's Day and nicknames the child 'X' as the Space X CEO calls his little boy a 'q t 3.14' (cutie pie)
- China about to open new $16 billion mega airport with ‘world’s biggest terminal’
- Laurene Powell Jobs’s $100 Million Mission to Disrupt American High School
- China enters new era of space technology
New high-speed train lines from Paris to Bordeaux and Rennes set to open have 354 words, post on www.thelocal.fr at June 30, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.