This is part of CNET’s #adulting series of stories to help you figure out how to live, work and play now that you’re all grown up. I remember sitting in the boarding area of Heathrow’s Terminal 5, wide-eyed and 21 years old, trying to keep my breath under control. Having never traveled alone before, I was about to fly solo to Africa — a continent where I knew no one — for two months, where I would be living in a city affectionately nicknamed “Nairobbery.” What was I doing? I had clearly gone mad. Why hadn’t my parents tried to stop me? The answer was: because I was already an adult. At least I was, technically, but it was this trip that marked the real making of my adult self. Since that first jaunt I have traveled alone throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and North America. Each trip has been special and different. Perhaps you’re embarking on a business trip, a city break or a six-month round-the-world adventure. I expect right now you’re feeling a mix of fear and trepidation — both totally normal. The fear the first time you do something like this will be very real, but it can be… Read full this story
- My favourite travel photo – by readers
- Bardot’s 20th anniversary celebration: Belinda Chapple reveals heartbreak behind group’s sudden split
- Dave Matthews Band’s
- The 17 Best Board Games For April 2020
- The 17 Best Board Games To Get April 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Furious neighbours unload on Spanish backpackers who are STILL ignoring COVID-19 rules by holding house parties in virus red zone of Bondi - days after they drank Corona beers with friends until the early hours
- The 50 best movies on Hulu right now
- Meet NFL agent Leigh Steinberg - the real-life 'Jerry Maguire'
- Surf’s Up
- Single dad homeschooling his little boy on the road urges parents 'stop stressing and trying to keep up' with guidelines and focus on building bonds during the COVID-19 pandemic
How to travel solo and love every minute have 321 words, post on www.cnet.com at June 1, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.