“If you hand me a big text and tell me to read it all, I most likely just flat-out won’t do it,” my sister said. It’s not that she doesn’t want to. Eliana’s a sharp, hungry learner. But she also has attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), which is sometimes called attention-deficit disorder (ADD) in people like my sister who don’t exhibit many hyperactive symptoms. Eliana’s is not the sometimes-loses-track-of-her-keys kind of ADD, and not the “oh, isn’t that over-diagnosed?” kind either. My younger sister describes the condition as a “brain fog” that comes and goes over the course of a day. It’s a disability that’s shaped the course of her life. ADHD isn’t really one thing – there’s no ADHD spot in the brain, and the disability doesn’t look the same in every person. Lenard Adler, who directs the Adult ADHD Program at New York University’s Langone Medical Center, describes ADHD as a set of symptoms that tend to travel together. These include struggles with organization, detail-oriented work, and focusing on a task. ADHD’s hyperactive symptoms make it difficult for some people to stop moving or speaking – as if there were a motor running inside their skulls. People with strong… Read full this story
- New Study Findings Discover the Importance of Natural Vitamin E in Child Early Brain Development
- Viet Nam: ideal destination for South Koreans to live and work
- Vietnam: ideal destination for South Koreans to live and work
- Expats feel like home at Saigon's Christmas and New Year parties
- Living in cities on $155 a month is far from easy
- US flu outbreak claims at least 18 lives, creating vaccine shortages
- Massive US flu outbreak claims at least 18 lives
- Big city, tiny apartment: small-scale living is new trend in U.S.
- Residents lose livelihoods, lives to titanium in south central Vietnam
- Brain scans show what pain looks like
What it’s like to live with ADHD so severe it feels like ‘brain fog’ have 313 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at May 29, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.