Britain has more billionaires than ever before despite fears over Brexit , the Sunday Times Rich List reveals . This year’s list found the wealthiest 1,000 individuals and families have a record total wealth of £658bn, up 14% on last year’s figure of £575bn. Plain old millionaires increasingly struggle to count themselves among the mega-rich, with a fortune of £110 million now required to make it into the top 1,000. Back in 1997 it took a personal wealth of just £15 million to make the grade. Sri and Gopi Hinduja are the richest people in the UK with a fortune of £16.2bn, and the brothers are among a record 134 billionaires on the list, 14 more than were recorded in the 2016 edition. Having first topped the list in 2014, the Hinduja brothers, Srichand, 81, and Gopichand, 77, have a vast array of business investments under the Hinduja Group. With investments spanning the oil and gas, automotive, IT, energy, media, banking, property and healthcare sectors, their latest project is the conversion of The Old War Office in London into a sumptuous five-star hotel and 88 luxury apartments for the world’s super-rich. Robert Watts, compiler of the list, said: “While many… Read full this story
- Sure beats the 9-5 grind! The student, photographer and fitness queen who top Instagram's Rich List - as the incredible amount they get paid for each post is revealed
- Zee Special: Curious case of missing Chinese billionaire, Who is Jack Ma?
- Elon Musk Overtakes MacKenzie Bezos on Rich List as Tesla Stock Surges
- Trump Joins the List: Politicians, Activists, and Journalists Who Have Been Blocked by Twitter
- Elon Musk becomes world's richest person
- 2020’s Big Winners: Billionaires, Silicon Valley Tech Lords, and Communist China
- The Lone Wolf Zhong Shanshan dethrones Ambani as Asia’s richest
- China's bottled water king Zhong Shanshan replaces Mukesh Ambani as Asia's richest person
- Billionaires’ list, net worth grow on stock market boom
- Britain's mass vaccination drive will start TUESDAY: NHS boss says race to beat Covid will begin on Dec 8 with UK set to get 'MILLIONS' of doses of Pfizer's jab before New Year amid fears first batch of 800,000 'could be all we get for some time'
Rich List 2017 reveals Britain has more billionaires than ever before - but who's the richest of them all? have 347 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 7, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.