Winning tip: Remote and raw, Alberta If you want to experience authentic, raw, outdoor Canada then a few days in Willmore wilderness park will take you out of your comfort zone. Motor vehicles of any kind are banned, but you can hire a horse or a trapper (both about £20 an hour) – otherwise risk it on your own. Trails wind their way through dense forests and along wild river valleys. Take a sturdy tent or knock on the doors of hunters’ wooden huts when you see them. You may be greeted with a shotgun and a suspicious snarl as we were – then a plate of yummy moose meat, cooked on a blazing fire.• albertaparks.cagonca Aurora borealis trip, Northwest Territories Seeing the northern lights from Yellowknife has to be one of the most memorable things I’ll do in my lifetime. I recommend going with a well-established company to get the best viewing experience. I went with North Star Adventures, a small company that’s 100% First Nations owned. It has a friendly feel but is very professional and the indigenous Canadian guides really know their stuff. You even get to ride a snowmobile and the whole experience is an adventure… Read full this story
- Exploring the Great Outdoors of the Withlacoochee River
- Travel Tips - 5 Ways To Stretch Your Travel Budget
- Business Travel Tips For The Avid Business Traveler
- Top 6 Madrid Travel Tips
- Some Business Travel Tips
- Airline Travel Tips -- Tips for Using Frequent Flyer Miles
- Ten Travel Tips You Need to Know
- Budget Travel Tips - Eight Simple Ways to Stretch Your Vacation Budget
- Denver Travel Tips - 15 Reasons Not to Visit or Move There!
- Airline Travel Tips - Overcoming Your Fear of Flying
Canada's great outdoors: readers’ travel tips have 277 words, post on www.theguardian.com at April 20, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.