CONVICTED mass murderer Dylann Roof, who shot dead nine black people at a church, is set to plead guilty to state charges of murder in a bid to avoid a second death penalty.White supremacist Roof, 22, killed nine African-American church-goers in cold blood during a bible study meeting in June 2015.The killer, who has shown no remorse since the massacre, waited until his victims had their eyes closed for prayer before he gunned them down.Roof was sentenced to death back in January after a federal jury found him guilty of 33 charges including hate crimes resulting in death.He is now set to enter a guilty plea to state murder charges in exchange for a life sentence, according to solicitor Scarlett Wilson.Roof will enter his plea during a hearing April 10 in Charleston, South Carolina.The deal will not save him from a possible execution but according to prosecutors will act as an “insurance policy” in case his federal sentence is not upheld.Roof was being held in Charleston County jail awaiting a state murder trial but he will likely be moved federal death row in Terre Haute, Indiana, now legal proceedings against him have ended.Wilson told the families of Roof’s nine victims the news in a letter… Read full this story
- 4 More Members of Alleged Church Cult Plead Guilty in Teen's Fatal Beating
- Former ‘FBI agent-turned-clergy security’ shot dead gunman who killed two in Texas church
- What We Know About Charleston Gunman Dylann Storm Roof
- Parents Sentenced in Beating Death of Son at Word of Life Church
- Alleged Baton Rouge serial killer pleads not guilty; one victim's family believes 'justice will be served'
- Devin Patrick Kelley: What we know about the Texas church shooting suspect
- Dramatic moment Diplo runs for cover after two revelers are shot during his show at Sao Paolo street party
- Alleged serial killer Kenneth Gleason indicted on murder charges by Baton Rouge grand jury; could be sentenced to death
- Democrats shout at each other, turn on 'racist' Mike Bloomberg and gang up on 'unelectable' Bernie Sanders in messy debate - while the CBS moderators lose control so badly even Gayle King and Norah O'Donnell start arguing
- Inside the Church Cult That Eventually Drove Parents to Join a 12-Hour Beating of Their Sons
Racist mass killer Dylann Roof who shot dead nine people at church pleads guilty to avoid second death sentence have 370 words, post on www.thesun.ie at March 31, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.