Programming NYU Tandon researchers are developing an artificial intelligence system for autonomous vehicles that links them to HERE Live Map cloud-based mapping system. The deep learning system that will allow self-driving cars to navigate, maneuver, and respond to changing road conditions by mating data from onboard sensors to information on HERE HD Live Map. Self-driving cars could account for 21 million new vehicles sold every year by 2035. Over the next decade alone such vehicles — and vehicles with assisted-driving technology — could deliver $1 trillion in societal and consumer benefits due to their improved safety.For autonomous vehicles to make good on that promise they will need onboard artificial intelligence (AI) technology able to link them to highly detailed maps that reflect every change in the status of lanes, hazards, obstacles, and speed-limits in real time.Researchers at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering are making this critical machine-to-machine handshake possible. Yi Fang, a research assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and a faculty member at NYU Abu Dhabi, and Edward K. Wong, an associate professor in the NYU Tandon Department of Computer Science and Engineering, are developing a deep learning system that will allow self-driving cars to navigate, maneuver, and respond to… Read full this story
- Ford, Volkswagen To Collaborate For Building EVs And Autonomous Tech
- Of 'info bees' and car traffic controllers: German researchers tackle the future of autonomous mobility
- Can autonomous cars have a moral conscience? Views from DW's science desk
- How Much Longer Before Our First AI Catastrophe?
- Jaguar is creating a language so autonomous cars can talk to pedestrians
- How NVIDIA AI Labs Are Driving the Future of Computer Vision
- How AI Is Changing the PC
- How the Geochicas are using crowdsourced maps to improve the lives of women in Latin America
- Documents confirm Apple is building self-driving car
- Artificial intelligence helps detect sepsis in Sydney emergency departments
Professors Build AI to Help Autonomous Vehicles Locate Themselves on Digital Maps have 305 words, post on www.scientificcomputing.com at March 17, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.