DW recommends Norway fights Breivik claims of ill treatment Norway’s government is appealing a ruling saying it has violated mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik’s human rights. His biographer says he is manipulating his public image from prison. A Norwegian appeals court on Wednesday ruled that mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik had not been treated “inhumanely” while being held in isolation in prison, overturning a previous ruling by a lower court. “The court has come to the conclusion that Anders Behring Breivik is not, and has not, been subjected to torture or inhumane or degrading treatment,” the Oslo court said in its verdict. “There are no clear indications that Breivik has been subjected to isolation damage during his prison sentence,” the court found. “The court is of the opinion that there is a high risk that Breivik will resort to violence in the future.” In December 2015, Breivik filed a lawsuit against the Norwegian government for allegedly breaching articles of the European Convention on Human Rights, specifically those prohibiting inhuman treatment and torture in prison. Watch video 05:04 Norway: Youth camp after the massacre He has been held in solitary confinement at Norway’s high-security Skien prison since his conviction in 2012…. Read full this story
- Boy who grew into evil far-right mass killer as 49 murdered at prayers
- One of the worst mass shootings in history: New Zealand toll at 49
- Australian man faces court charged over Christchurch terror attack
- All-American Killer: How the AR-15 Became Mass Shooters' Weapon of Choice
- Court orders secret transcripts released in 1946 case considered to be America's last mass lynching
- Supreme Court Will Hear Case of Lee Malvo, the Washington-Area Sniper
- Norway terror attacks: Anders Breivik changes his name to Fjotolf Hansen
- New Zealand shooter to represent himself in court as former lawyer says he appears 'lucid'
- A Call to Arms at the Supreme Court
- Future of Fond du Lac's 'Halloween Killer' Gerald Turner stalled in court
Norwegian appeals court rules mass killer Breivik not treated 'inhumanely' have 311 words, post on www.dw.com at January 1, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.