A story came across my Twitter feed today that was quite shocking: the Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee Devin Nunes threatened to investigate reporters who had contacted the Russian embassy.The suggestion appears to have kicked off with a tweet from Politico reporter Eric Geller.Since then, the story has been picked up Talking Points Memo and Raw Story. Suffice it to say, there’s a reason this story has been out there for three hours– based on comments made on live television– and only the most fringe left-wing sites are touching it.Here’s the full transcript. The background is that Nunes is talking about Congress’ request for information on intercepted calls from General Michael Flynn to the Russian embassy.NUNES: It’s not always easy to get this, because when you’re talking about information that was gathered through FISA that some of it probably was picked up incidentally of Americans, especially as it relates to General Flynn, which we went over on Monday.REPORTER: What are the reasons that the FBI can’t be as forthcoming as you might like?NUNES: It’s just — it’s not a matter of them not being forthcoming, it’s a matter of them providing timely information when they can get it to us.REPORTER: Why… Read full this story
- Trump Press Conference: 5 Standout Moments as President Bullies Republicans, Spars With Media and Threatens 'War-Like Posture'
- US House Intelligence Committee Has No Proof of Alleged Trump Tower Wiretapping
- Pro-Donald Trump protesters surrounded House Judiciary chairman Jerry Nadler as he leaves impeachment hearing and shout: 'shame on you'
- All Surveillance of Trump Tower Legal, No Wiretapping - US House Intelligence
- Nunes demands Schiff call on IG Horowitz to testify before House Intelligence Committee
- Key Republicans split with Trump on Biden investigation push
- House Judiciary Committee publishes full impeachment report to Congress
- House Democrats Are Ready To Investigate Trump — Starting With Why He Fired Jeff Sessions
- Elizabeth Warren Calls for House to Impeach Trump, Citing Mueller Report
- MORE: House Democrats Announce Three Additional Investigations Into Trump White House
No, Republican House Intelligence Chairman Didn’t Threaten to Investigate Reporters have 338 words, post on www.mediaite.com at March 2, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.