The following is the full text of US President Donald Trump’s first address to a joint session of the Congress on February 28, as prepared for delivery and released by the White House press office.TO THE CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES: Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice President, Members of Congress, the First Lady of the United States, and Citizens of America: Tonight, as we mark the conclusion of our celebration of Black History Month, we are reminded Recent threats targeting Jewish Community Centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries, as well as last week’s shooting in Kansas City, remind us that while we may be a nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all its forms. Each American generation passes the torch of truth, liberty and justice – in an unbroken chain all the way down to the present. That torch is now in our hands. And we will use it to light up the world. I am here tonight to deliver a message of unity and strength, and it is a message deeply delivered from my heart. A new chapter of American Greatness is now beginning. A new national pride is sweeping across our… Read full this story
- How to hide it: inside the secret world of wealth managers
- Cynics in America can look to resettled refugees for inspiration
- Why Bolton's appointment is dangerous for the world
- Nikki Haley resigns as US Ambassador to United Nations
- Steve Bannon rips the ‘lords of Silicon Valley’ at state GOP convention
- Welcome to the new Toronto: the most fascinatingly boring city in the world
- 'America First' does not mean 'America Alone', says Trump at Davos
- The United States of inequality: this timeline will help you keep track of how we got here
- Is America ready to tackle economic inequality?
- FMIA: Andrew Luck, the Colts and the Retirement That Rocked NFL’s World
'My job is not to represent the world; my job is to represent the United States of America' have 311 words, post on www.rediff.com at March 1, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.