YORKSHIRE Ripper Peter Sutcliffe has sparked fury by jumping the queue for a vital eye op.The 70-year-old mass killer, given 20 life sentences in 1981, had cataract surgery despite some people waiting 15 months for the same procedure.Taxpayers have forked out tens of thousands of pounds on his treatment and security for hospital visits.Neil Jackson, whose mum Emily, 42, was Sutcliffe’s second victim in 1976, said: “It’s a disgrace. They should let him go blind.”Tory MP Alec Shelbrooke added: “Law-abiding citizens should get priority over those who are a stain on society.”Sutcliffe was chained to five guards when taken 14 miles from HMP Frankland to Sunderland Eye Infirmary at the end of last month.The op takes up to 45 minutes and involves removing the eye’s blurred lens and replacing it with an artificial one.Sutcliffe left wearing an eye patch.He told a pal: “My sight has really improved. Now I will be able to see the TV, read and write letters.”In December medics gave him an injection in his right eye aimed at clearing a lump.He may yet need his eyeball popped out so the lump can be removed.Sutcliffe is blind in his left eye after a 1997 attack at Broadmoor…. Read full this story
- Family claim their £20,300 holiday to Jamaica was ruined because their five-star Sandals resort was 'dirty' and staff were 'rude'
- 1,000 British soldiers in the legal firing line: Why is the Army facing new witch hunt over IRA killers when these blood-soaked terrorists were not prosecuted?
- Xbox Game Pass games list: December games plus every Xbox One, 360 and Xbox Live game currently available
- The Secret History of Ultimate Marvel, the Experiment That Changed Superheroes Forever
- This is your life
- The Life and Death of the ‘Children of God’ Messiah
- NHS workers, charities and health heroes celebrated in The Sun’s Who Cares Wins awards 2019
- The 100 Best Movies to Watch on Netflix Right Now
Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe sparks fury from families as mass killer jumps 15-MONTH queue to get cataract op have 317 words, post on www.thesun.ie at February 11, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.