Donald Trump used his first speech to Congress to deliver a message of unity and calling for a “renewal of the American Spirit”.In the address, which was interrupted 94 times by applause, Trump called on America “to be empowered by our aspirations, not burdened by our fears”.The US President offered the most restrained and detailed explanation of his America-first world view and was seen as an attempt at healing the divides which have dominated the country since his inauguration in January.He also said that what his country was witnessing was the “Renewal of the American Spirit” and allies would find that “American is once again ready to lead”.Trump added: ”My job is not to represent the world. My job is to represent the United States of America.””I am here tonight to deliver a message of unity and strength, and it is a message deeply delivered from my heart.”We just need the courage to share the dreams that fill our hearts, the bravery to express the hopes that stir our souls, and the confidence to turn those hopes and dreams to action.”From now on, America will be empowered by our aspirations, not burdened by our fears.”Trump also used his first address to Congress to promise tougher… Read full this story
- Nigel Farage trip to attend Donald Trump rally investigated by homeland security committee
- Donald Trump demands Republicans REJECT stripping Confederates' names from Army bases - despite his party ALREADY voting for move pushed by Elizabeth Warren
- Twitter flags Donald Trump's 'when the looting starts the shooting starts' threat for 'inciting violence' AGAIN after he repeats it on White House account amid furious attacks at platform for 'targeting' him
- Donald Trump's heartless week
- The 28 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump's Mount Rushmore speech
- Donald Trump is running for president in 2016
- John Bolton claims Donald Trump told Turkey's President Erdogan he would intervene in a Southern District of NY investigation of a state-owned Turkish bank - as fired US attorney Berman leaves his office after being forced out
- Donald Trump and Xi Jinping: are China and US on collision course in a new cold war?
- Donald Trump's strange way of thinking
- Donald Trump REFUSES to rename military bases named for Confederate generals saying Fort Bragg and others are 'hallowed grounds' after Pentagon said it was open to move
Donald Trump promises to crush ‘vile’ ISIS and secure America’s borders as he attempts to heal rifts in first speech to Congress have 385 words, post on www.thesun.ie at February 28, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.