Advertisement Mental illness is still a hard issue to talk about. Despite repeated campaigns against the stigma attached to it.Hearing from friends, family, and strangers about their own mental health struggles can help, but sometimes you need to hear from someone you look up to. Celebrities don’t often let you look into their personal lives, but when they do, it can be very powerful.These 10 celebrities have talked publicly about their struggles with mental health. And their stories can provide some needed inspiration for others dealing with the same issues.Note: If you feel you can’t cope with your mental health struggles, or you’ve had thoughts of harming yourself, talk to a professional right away. The Get Immediate Help page at mentalhealth.gov is a great resource.1. Carrie FisherKnown first and foremost as Star Wars‘ Princess Leia, Fisher’s second-most famous role was as an outspoken advocate for people suffering from mental illness. She struggled with her own bipolar disorder and consequent drug abuse for many years, and her overdose on cocaine and prescription medications resulted in hospitalization.After realizing that her life was being derailed by her addictions, she started taking back control 8 Mental Health Apps for People Who Can’t See a Therapist 8 Mental… Read full this story
- Readers sound off on psychiatric care, Blaz vs. unions and horoscopes
- Officer in Minnesota shooting was celebrated in Somali community
- Cheers to the dedicated unsung heroes whose endless work ushers N.Y. to further greatness into the new year
- From the archives: Drake Diner murders terrified Des Moines 25 years ago
- Why These Super Fans Have Made Being Jack Sparrow A Way Of Life
- On The Road With The Teen Social-Media Sensations Of DigiTour
- Calendar List: August 2 – August 9
- Calendar Listings: August 9 – August 16
- 'There is hope.' Peer recovery coaches use experience to help others overcome addiction.
- The Power To Make The Difference
10 Celebrities Who Will Inspire You to Take Care of Your Mental Health have 309 words, post on www.makeuseof.com at February 20, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.