Travis has had both boyfriends and girlfriends since high school. But when his coworkers discovered his dating history at a board game night, they told him he couldn’t be bisexual. “Bi men don’t exist,” they said. “You’re just a confused gay guy.” Travis, 34, had brought his girlfriend with him that night, but they started calling her his “roommate” after they found out he was bi. Santiago got an even harsher reaction when he came out to his family. “‘Bisexual’ is just code for insincere gay man” is how he said one of his relatives reacted. “He didn’t use the term ‘gay man,’” 24-year-old Santiago told me, “but I won’t repeat slurs.”invalidated by family members, friends, partners, and even strangers. Thomas was called a “fence-sitter” by a group of gay men at a bar. Shirodj was told that he was “just gay but not ready to come out of the closet.” Alexis had his bisexuality questioned by a lesbian teacher who he thought would be an ally. Many of these same men have been told that women are “all a little bi” or “secretly bi” but that men can only be gay or straight, nothing else. In other words, bisexual… Read full this story
- Powerful, Immersive Play As Much as I Can Brings Voices of Southern Gay Black Men and HIV/AIDS Awareness to Harlem
- It Takes Heart To Fight: What Boxing Taught Me About White Supremacy
- It’s Amazing That Marvel and DC’s Classic X-Men and Teen Titans Crossover Ever Happened
- How Do We Make Cis Men Give a Shit About Abortion?
- Watch These Movies Before 'Men in Black: International'
- Kanye West claims social media makes married men 'suffer like Jesus' by tormenting them with women's saucy photos (despite his wife Kim Kardashian's love of racy snaps)
- Dark Phoenix Didn't Understand Who the X-Men Are
- Toy Tuesday: The Most Marvelous X-Men Toys
- A Sincere Apology to the Strong Black Men Being Attacked By #TheRootArticles
- Dancing With The Stars: Hannah Brown fights back tears after harsh critique during Halloween Night
Why Bisexual Men Are Still Fighting to Convince Us They Exist have 339 words, post on splinternews.com at January 4, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.