The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is dead in the water after the administration of new United States President Donald Trump announced the country’s withdrawal from the trade agreement following his inauguration on Friday.In a formal statement issued over the weekend, the White House said the president has decided to base its foreign policy on an “America first” attitude that involves returning “millions of jobs to America’s shores” by backing out of multilateral trade agreements such as the TPP. Latest Australian news Australian government announces 5G working group members Australian government’s recklessness with medical data is symptom of deeper problems Turnbull unveils new tech ministers in Cabinet reshuffle ACCC kicks off NBN wholesale service levels inquiry Re-identification possible with Australian de-identified Medicare and PBS open data “The president understands how critical it is to put American workers and businesses first when it comes to trade. With tough and fair agreements, international trade can be used to grow our economy … this strategy starts by withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and making certain that any new trade deals are in the interests of American workers,” the statement said.”In addition to rejecting and reworking failed trade deals, the United States will crack down on… Read full this story
- Does Trump’s New Trade Deal Really Accomplish Anything?
- Trump vows to reopen, or toss, NAFTA pact with Canada and Mexico
- President Trump Kills TPP Once and for All with Executive Order Officially Withdrawing
- In Pacific trade deal, Australia gets bigger U.S. sugar allocation
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s compulsive claims of ‘biggest’ ever
- AP FACT CHECK: Distortion in Trump’s impeachment defense
- Nolte: The China Trade Deal and 22 Other Times Trump Made Fools of the ‘Experts’
- How China’s Leader Is Playing Donald Trump
- Linking Wildfires to Climate Change Has 'Almost a Religious' Aspect, Says Trump-Supporting Former Australian PM
- Kremlin Reveals What Putin Meant by Saying Trump 'Was Exaggerating'
Trump dumping Trans-Pacific Partnership have 312 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 22, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.