CHEEKY North Korea has hit out at Barack Obama for blacklisting leader Kim Jong-un’s sister over human rights abuses and urged him to stick to “packing” instead.The US Treasury last week added seven individuals – among them Yo-Jong - to America’s growing list of North Koreans sanctioned for “serious” rights abuses.The announcement came as the US State Department released a report on rights abuses in North Korea, which it said were among the worst in the world.Now the North Koreans have hit back.”Obama would be well advised not to waste time taking issue with other’s ‘human rights issue’ but make good arrangements for packing in the White House,” NK’s state news agency KCNA said.Obama had created “the worst human rights situation in the US during his tenure”, it added.”He had better repent of the pain and misfortune he has brought to so many Americans and other people of the world.”Nuclear-armed North Korea has carried out a series of atomic tests and missile launches during Obama’s time in office, and been subject to increasingly strict United Nations sanctions as a result.Washington has long pursued a policy of “strategic patience” — essentially a refusal to engage in any significant dialogue unless Pyongyang makes some tangible… Read full this story
- NBA legend Dennis Rodman says Kim Jong-un "more like a big kid"
- How Dennis Rodman became the U.S’ unofficial ambassador to North Korea
- Dennis Rodman breaks down in tears during CNN interview on North Korea
- North Korea leader says ball is now in U.S. court: Russian official who met him
- The Latest: Koreas agree to seek to co-host 2032 Olympics
- Two Koreas hold first friendly basketball in years
- Koreas extend conciliatory steps to Asian Games
- South Korea knock Germany out of the World Cup: live updates
- CNN Tries, Fails to Get Donald Trump Kicked off Twitter
- Can Olympic Games help thaw Korean tensions? The bigger question is what comes after
North Korea hits out at Obama for blacklisting leader Kim Jong-un’s sister and urges him to concentrate on “packing” instead have 321 words, post on www.thesun.ie at January 17, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.