A transgender woman who offered people the chance to ask “invasive questions” on an internet forum has been overwhelmed by the response.Gwen, 24, from Pennsylvania, hosted an “ask me anything” (AMA) session on the online community site Reddit.She received almost 2,000 questions and comments, mostly from “supportive and respectful people”.”I figure very few of you know trans people in your everyday lives and might be afraid to ask questions at the risk of offending someone, so I thought I’d give you all the opportunity to learn from someone who will answer your invasive questions,” she said.One Redditor wrote: “I think you just won over half of Reddit right there.”Another said: “You’re very beautiful, and I’m glad you found the happiness that you were searching for. Thanks for sharing with us.”These are some of the questions she was asked.When did you first know you wanted to be female?Gwen, who medically transitioned using hormone replacement therapy, started dreaming about becoming a woman when she was five years old.”I would wake up from those dreams and feel so happy. It was weird because I looked like a boy and everyone told me I was a boy,” she said.”When I was 10, someone at… Read full this story
- Watch: LeBron James loves ESPN Brazil reporter who asked flattering question
- Changing the Brownlow rules asks more questions than it answers
- Transgender Groups Threaten, Jeer Feminist’s Pro-Biology Speech
- Ask Jack: Are You Going to San Francisco?
- Ask Jack: The Waffen or the Pirate?
- Bill Belichick already in midseason form with cranky responses to media questions
- Belichick dismisses same Guerrero question that angered Brady
- Ask Jack: CRX No Longer In Effect?
- Ulster Rugby Round Up podcast S2E2: Back row rows, dream Ulster signings and a listener question special
- Have questions about our Rae Carruth podcast series? We want to hear from you.
'I'm a transgender woman - ask me your invasive questions' have 311 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at January 20, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.