Donald J. Trump won the US presidency in November on a campaign that repudiated both his opponent and the Obama administration. Today he took the oath of office and became the nation’s 45th president—despite the political pundits and polls predicting victory for his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton. The Republican’s ascendancy from billionaire real estate mogul to the world’s most powerful elected official promises to usher in a new era, one that includes a remaking of the Supreme Court and alterations of US policy when it comes to space, broadband, healthcare, manufacturing, immigration, cyber defense, the environment, and even foreign relations (from diplomacy to the reliance on foreign labor enjoyed by companies like Apple). All of these potential changes only seem more imminent due to the fact that the newly inaugurated Trump, and his Vice President Mike Pence, enjoy a GOP-controlled House and Senate. “The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action,” Trump said after he was sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts. Moments later, Trump added: “We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries and… Read full this story
- 'Joe is shot': Donald Trump takes aim at Biden on convention's opening day as new poll shows Democratic ticket winning in November by 12 points
- Donald Trump Takes to Twitter, Calls for Cancelling Boeing's Deal for Air Force One
- Donald Trump: Fix Post Office by Raising Shipping Rates for Amazon’s Jeff Bezos
- 'HE SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN!' Donald Trump rage-tweets at Barack Obama and Kamala Harris after his predecessor calls him a threat to democracy and incapable of meeting the 'weight of the office' he holds
- Donald Trump tweets 'save the Post Office!' and complains that Democrats have summoned his controversial postmaster general to testify during Republican Convention
- Donald Trump Wants to Cancel the Order for Boeing's Air Force One; Could the F-35 Be Next?
- Republicans renominate Donald Trump at scaled-back convention in North Carolina
- RNC 2020: Speakers attempt to rewrite Donald Trump’s record on pandemic, race
- Will Donald Trump Trash 'Brand America'?
- Donald Trump's sister says President has 'no principles' in secret audio recorded by niece
Donald Trump takes oath of office—what to expect from an unexpected presidency have 374 words, post on arstechnica.com at January 20, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.