Selfish selfie hunters From December 25-27, Nghệ An welcomed all selfie lovers.. ahem.. sunflower lovers to come and take pictures for free at a blooming field in the central province. The field in question had already become popular among the youth as the flowers blossomed towards the end of the year. The authorities were only institutionalising the trend in order to boost the local tourism industry. Images of the sunflower field and people taking selfies were duly carried by several online publications and the social media, but they did not capture the havoc wreaked on the field by the visitors. The 100-hectare field was cordoned with bamboo fences, but these offered little resistance as hordes of people rushed to find vantage points for their pictures. They crushed the plants, stomped on the flowers and used leaves to protect themselves from the sun. At the end of the day, local authorities were forced to announce that those who destroyed the plants and flowers would be penalized. It so happens that the field belongs to a dairy farmer who uses sunflower meals as cattle feed. While the farmer was game to his field being milked for tourism benefits, he would have surely…
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 2
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 3
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 2
- Donald Tusk: EU agrees to delay Brexit until January 31
- Germany's Social Democrats still struggling after Andrea Nahles' first 100 days
- New Australians feel abandoned as they battle social isolation, struggle to find employment
- Busting fake news: Who funds whom?
- Another victim of Bloodbath Britain: Mother's agony as son, 17, dies after being stabbed three times in chest in Kensington - in 'fourth attempt on his life' - as four teenagers are arrested over his murder
- Child abusers become 21st member of Asian sex gang to be jailed as two are sentenced for sexually exploiting girl groomed from age of 11 and snatched from children's home by her abusers
- Is the health ministry killing medical education?
Social News 31/12 have 321 words, post on at December 30, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.