The year 2016 might have been the most lively and interesting I’ve ever experienced and I’ve been covering the auto industry for over a decade. From General Motors to Uber and Tesla to Donald Trump, the stories came fast and furious. It was hard, at times, to keep up. But we pulled it off. Here are the ten biggest car stories of 2016: 10. The booming US auto market. In 2015, US auto sales set a new record when 17.5 million new cars and trucks rolled off dealer lots. The industry had decisively recovered from the dark days of the financial crisis, a period when the sales pace fell at one point below 10 million, an apocalyptic situation. The numbers aren’t in yet for 2016, but the sales pace has been as strong as it was in 2015. Still, though, there’s been much discussion and debate in the industry about whether the market has plateaued at a “historically high level,” as Ford CEO mark Fields has put it. Regardless, 2016 could see the 2015 sales record broken. This is a boom, no doubt about it. It’s also a profitable boom, as automakers in the US sell a lot of pickup… Read full this story
- Every VMAs Video of the Year Award, Ranked From Worst to Best
- Attorney: Chandler Parsons' career in jeopardy after 'severe and permanent injuries' from car accident
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'are considering a move to her native Los Angeles or former Suits base Toronto and NOT Vancouver Island where they spent six-week break'
- 'Norman said the president wants a pyramid': how starchitects built Astana
- John Fetterman’s New Fight
- A Company Built on a Bluff
- Money Is the Oxygen on Which the Fire of Global Warming Burns
- Why Hasn’t the Long Island Serial Killer Case Been Solved?
- Hackers Are Coming for the 2020 Election — And We’re Not Ready
- Here's How Ex-Nissan Boss Carlos Ghosn Escaped From Japan
RANKED: The biggest car stories of 2016 have 310 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at December 20, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.