© AP Photo / J. Scott ApplewhiteSenator McCain Demands Response to Capture of Drone Boat in South China SeaBEIJING (Sputnik) — On Friday, reports emerged of a Chinese warship seizing a US underwater drone in the international waters of the disputed South China Sea region. On Thursday, USNS Bowditch, a US oceanographic vessel, stopped some 100 miles off the port at Subic Bay in the Philippines to pick up two drones when a Chinese vessel captured one of them, according to US defense officials. The US Department of Defense urged to immediately return the drone, calling the capture illegal. “China maintains direct contact on the issue with the United States. The fuss that was made unilaterally by the US side is unacceptable, does not contribute to a favorable solution to the problem. We express regret over this matter,” the statement read. © Photo: Youtube/25th HourPentagon Urges China to Return ‘Unlawfully Seized’ Underwater Drone in S China Sea to USIt added that the Chinese warship located unknown equipment in the international waters of the South China Sea and, in order to avoid endangering the passing ships and their crews, the Chinese side used friend-or-foe identification, which showed that it was a US underwater drone. Meanwhile, the United States alleged that China ignored requests for the drone to be returned. The drone is not a classified piece… Read full this story
- Russian Nuclear Warhead-Capable Underwater Drone Poseidon Goes Into Testing
- Underwater Drones Track Hurricane Florence's Trajectory
- Taiwan lashes back at Chinese defense minister's threats
- The Latest: Israeli PM Netanyahu takes over defense ministry
- Pentagon: Chinese Military Has Stolen U.S. Navy Underwater Drone
- The underwater drones that hunt for oil spills beneath the waves
- South Korea Registers Formal Complaint After Chinese Plane Enters Air Defense Zone
- Russia's military drone makes successful maiden flight
- China calls US withdrawal of drills invite 'unconstructive'
- Court: S.Korea must allow alternative for military objectors
Chinese Defense Ministry Slams 'Fuss' Over Seizure of US Underwater Drone have 305 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 17, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.