Good morning! Welcome to The Morning Shift, your roundup of the auto news you crave, all in one place every weekday morning. Here are the important stories you need to know. 1st Gear: Markets Much as many of you probably don’t want to hear about the election of Donald J. Trump as America’s 45th president—or you want to gloat, in which case, I hope your guy is up to the task of running a country—The Morning Shift is where we must discuss the financial impact of this outcome. First, the markets. There’s a ton of uncertainty and automaker stocks are down as questions of changes to trade policy arise. Via The Detroit News: General Motors Co. stock was down more nearly 3.5 percent, while Ford Motor Co. also was down nearly 3.5 percent and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV was also down nearly 4 percent just after the market opened at 9:30 a.m. Trump, during his campaign, was vocal and critical of the auto industry, particularly Ford Motor Co., for opening plants and moving production to Mexico. He has said he would re-negotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement. If that’s not a success for Trump, he has indicated he would… Read full this story
- Facebook executive: we got Trump elected, and we shouldn’t stop him in 2020
- California bypasses Trump to sign tougher mileage deal with 4 car makers
- What Will Happen to The Trump Toadies?
- Marianne Williamson wanted to beat Donald Trump with love, but her 2020 presidential run is over
- What Trump's threat to close U.S.-Mexico border would cost
- Job numbers, stocks boost Trump in election year
- 'We have created an earthquake': Boris Johnson hails his massive Brexit mandate as election results put Tories on track for EIGHTY majority - while Jeremy Corbyn announces he is on way out after worst Labour result since 1935
- Trump's Iraq threats could backfire on oil and gas prices
- We will grow 1.5x to 2x of OEM industry rate in future: Sunil Bohra, Minda Industries
- Gasoline price fears stoked by Iran may still roil election
Trump's Election Is A Shock To The Auto Industry, But Maybe It Shouldn't Have Been have 339 words, post on jalopnik.com at November 8, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.