MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Juergen Hardt, the German government’s coordinator for transatlantic cooperation, congratulated Donald Trump on Wednesday on winning the US presidency and reminded him of NATO’s role in the US foreign policy. “We will extend our hand to the new US administration in the hope of seeing a close and reliable cooperation in the years to come…. I am sure that President Trump will soon realize the meaning of transatlantic partnership and will use it as a very important instrument in US foreign policy,” the Foreign Ministry official said in a statement. © AFP 2020 / Robyn BeckTrump Says NATO ‘Obsolete’, US Paying Too Much for Joint DefenseHardt stressed that transatlantic cooperation remained an “unshakable pillar” of Germany’s foreign policy. “This includes a close cooperation within the NATO alliance,” he said. The billionaire businessman beat the former secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, in the race for US presidency on Tuesday. Trump previously accused NATO allies of not contributing their fair share and threatened to withdraw the country from the alliance if elected US president.
- The Memo: Biden's five biggest foreign policy challenges
- Insight: National resilience key to Indonesia’s foreign policy
- Biden says North Korea is his top foreign policy issue during press conference
- Ved Nanda: The State Department will soon again play central role in U.S. foreign policy
- A more humble foreign policy
- 'End of Nation-Building': Donald Trump Outlines Foreign Policy Goals
- Biden follows and improves Trump's China policy, but he needs to scrap their shared infatuation with Xi
- EU Not Happy With Biden's Policy Towards Europe, Nord Stream 2 Sanctions, German Media Says
- Trump's early endorsements reveal GOP rift
- Why Is Trump Keeping Our Western Allies at Arm's Length?
Berlin Reminds Trump of NATO's Importance for US Foreign Policy have 272 words, post on sputniknews.com at November 9, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.