SILAY City Mayor Mark Golez is set to meet with Negros Occidental Third District Representative Alfredo Benitez to further discuss the proposed establishment of a drug rehabilitation center in his city. Golez said there is a two-storey, government-owned building in Barangay Mambulac that could be used as a rehabilitation facility for drug users who have surrendered in the district. However, the building is already dilapidated, and they would need to plan for its repair and renovation, the mayor added. Golez said the City Government has to hurdle many legalities and processes to materialize the project, one of which is to ask for authority from the City Council. At least they have already identified the area that could be a possible site for the facility, he added. Moreover, the mayor said that he would also talk to Benitez about the source of the budget, whether from the city, the district, or from the national government. He said the idea came about after the eight-week outpatient program in Silay City, which concluded on October 7, encountered some setbacks. Of the initial 50 batch, only 12 graduated from the program, he said. With the outcome, Golez said they need a facility to house… Read full this story
- Stray bullet kills camel in Oregon animal rehab center
- Pete Buttigieg Uses Essence Festival to Start His Rehab With Black Voters
- Best Cities: Skylines mods
- Gov. Gavin Newsom’s budget: More money for education, Navigation Centers
- S.F. defies law, marries gays / LEGAL BATTLE LOOMS: City Hall ceremonies spur constitutional showdown, injunction threat
- Rikers 2.0: inside the battle to build four new prisons in New York City
- Welcome to Fear City! How New York police issued an unprecedented pamphlet in 1975 warning tourists to stay off the streets as the city grappled with rocketing crime and grime as it teetered on the brink of bankruptcy
- Amazon Pulls Out Of HQ2 Deal With New York City
- City planners need to work on safe movement of women
- The city that privatised itself to death: 'London is now a set of improbable sex toys poking gormlessly into the air'
Silay City to start planning on rehab center have 336 words, post on www.sunstar.com.ph at October 15, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.