Military expert Pieter Wezeman of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) discussed this week’s record setting military trade agreement between the US and Israel with Deutsche Welle journalist Bruce Konviser. Following is a transcript of the interview that has been lightly edited for clarity. DW: Let me start by asking: What does this deal mean for US-Israeli bilateral relations? Pieter Wezeman: I think it’s a very important part of bilateral relations. Israel is very concerned about security. It is very important for them to have access to high-level military equipment. They are limited in their choices and the US is the prime country from which they can get this kind of military technology. Pieter Wezeman, Senior Researcher at SIPRI Israel has a considerable military development program of their own, correct? Yes, Israel has an advanced military industry, which can produce weapons and even more important, key components for weapons itself. However, they are certainly not capable of producing everything they need, and they are also not capable of designing and producing the kind of high-tech platforms, like complete combat aircraft, the complete warships, themselves. Those things they need to get from abroad. They can upgrade them with their own… Read full this story
- He Will Confirm A Covenant With the Many: The US - Israel Strategic Alliance - Part II
- He Will Also Invade the Beautiful Land-The U.S.-Israel Strategic Alliance - Part III
- The Prince of the Covenant: The US / Israel Strategic Alliance; Part IV
- Strategic Alliance - The Underused Option
- Strategic Alliances and Their Powerful Benefits
- The Cart and the Carwash - How to Boost Business With Strategic Alliances
- Your Covenant with Death; Your Agreement with Hell; The US-Israel Strategic Alliance - Part I
- Creating Unique Business Alliances: Six Insights To Help Transform Your Company's Value
- PR: Am I Getting a Good Deal?
- It Takes Two - How to Cultivate Profitable Alliances
US-Israeli military deal reinforces strategic alliance have 310 words, post on www.dw.com at September 13, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.