Michael Smerconish confronted Donald Trump spokeswoman Katrina Pierson this morning over why, when he’s in Scotland after the historic Brexit vote, he spent more time talking about his new Turnberry golf resort than about that vote.Yes, Trump came to Scotland for the opening of his new resort and briefly addressed the Brexit while he gave a very, very lengthy speech about his golf resort. Smerconish asked, “Wasn’t that a mistake, a missed opportunity to appear presidential?”Pierson insisted that Trump is not a politician who would “take advantage” of something like this. Smerconish said it was pretty horrible optics and said it looks like Trump was “using the worldwide attention to sell product.”“Not at all,” Pierson said. “This is no different than a senator running for office and going back to Washington, D.C. to cast a vote. It’s their job!”Smerconish also confronted her about Trump’s serious lack of knowledge about Brexit and whether he understands how it comes across when his reaction to the pound dropping is “When the pound is down, people come to Turnberry.”Watch how Pierson responded above, via CNN.[image via screengrab]— — Follow Josh Feldman on Twitter: @feldmaniac Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Donald Trump says talked with China's Xi Jinping on trade deal, Hong Kong, North Korea
- At G7, Donald Trump Skips Talks On Climate Crisis And Amazon Fires
- Northern Ireland: Fresh Fears Over 'Hard Border' Amid Talk of 'Hard Brexit'
- Chinese National Arrested at Trump's Private Florida Resort - Reports
- Democrats’ New Idea: Press Trump To Resign Ahead Of Senate Trial
- Trump says talked with China's Xi on trade deal, Hong Kong, North Korea
- Trump, Macron talk on Syria, Iran over phone
- 'The president is not a lawyer': Ruth Bader Ginsburg dismisses Donald Trump's demand for Supreme Court intervention in his impeachment after he said he would ask justices to stop it
- Trump’s Japan Visit Was, Yes, Lost in Translation
- Prestwick Airport Sought Commercial Partnership With Trump's Turnberry Resort While Sending U.S. Air Force Crew to Stay There at Taxpayers' Expense
Smerconish Presses Trump Spox: He Talked More About His Golf Resort Than Brexit! have 342 words, post on www.mediaite.com at June 25, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.