Two men grieve near the site of last night’s attack on an Orlando gay club. Photo: Gregg Newton/AFP/Getty Images The Latest Shooter Omar Mateen was “cool and calm” after taking hostages, according to cops. He reportedly said that he was affiliated with ISIS and referred to the Tsarnaev brothers as his “homeboys.” The gunman had hung out at Pulse, the gay nightclub where he went on his shooting rampage, “at least a dozen times,” witnesses say. Mateen may have scouted out Disney World, according to law-enforcement sources. Mateen allegedly enrolled in an online course in Islam with a radical, anti-gay imam. The death toll has been revised down by one to 49 people. More than 50 were injured. It is the single deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. The suspected gunman, 29-year-old U.S. citizen Omar Mateen, was likely radicalized online. President Obama and FBI director James Comey said it was highly unlikely the plot had direct ties to ISIS or any other terror network. OverviewFBI revised the number of victims down from 50 to 49 Monday.) Authorities are calling the attack, which is the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, an “act of domestic terrorism.” The gunman, identified as 29-year-old U.S. citizen and Florida resident Omar… Read full this story
- Witnesses describe moment Jacksonville gunman opens fire at Madden tournament
- Albanian gunman slaughters eight relatives with AK47 in a row over ‘stolen turkeys’
- Police Federation chief: A shambles and a disgrace – we reject these legacy plans
- NOSTALGIA: No to women police officers in 1918 and breakthrough on Pescod Shopping Centre in 1998
- Armed police search village
- What becomes of the jihadi orphans?
- The main struggle in the 21st century will be about irrelevance: Harari
- FBI Arrests Man for Making Death Threats to US Reporters
- Stunned community responds to murder of Airdrie dad Gary More
- Council drops bid to take children of two known Islamist extremists into care
Orlando Gunman Discussed ISIS With Police, Called Boston Bombers His ‘Homeboys’ have 312 words, post on nymag.com at June 13, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.