MADRID (AP) The Latest on the publication by a coalition of media outlets of an investigation into offshore financial dealings by the rich and famous (all times local): 7:45 p.m. Spanish tax authorities say they are investigating allegations of tax irregularities involving soccer player Lionel Messi after documents released by an international probe of offshore accounts. Messi’s family released a statement Monday denying wrongdoing and threatened to sue media outlets that released the information linking the Argentine player to accounts in Panama. The Barcelona star was among those named in reports by international media who received a vast trove of data and documents leaked from a law firm based in Panama. Last year, Spanish authorities charged Messi and his father with three counts of tax fraud for allegedly defrauding Spain’s tax office of 4.1 million euros ($4.4 million) in unpaid taxes from 2007-09. They go on trial in late May and face nearly two years in prison if found guilty. — 7:35 p.m. President Mauricio Macri is not the only Argentine politician to show up in the leaked documents about worldwide offshore accounts. Daniel Munoz, private secretary to late President Nestor Kirchner and former President Cristina Fernandez, is also named…. Read full this story
- As Lionel Messi ages, here's what Barcelona has to do to remain relevant in Spain and Europe
- The Latest: Leaked letter shows criticism of UK government
- Fancy Bears hacking group has ties to Russian presidency, US cyber security experts say
- ZTE says it has not been notified of alleged US bribery investigation
- Coronavirus latest updates: 652 deaths and 20,471 cases in India
- Coronavirus latest: Trump says disinfectant, bleach and ultra-violet light comments were 'sarcastic'
- Cuomo’s Decision to Hire McKinsey to Handle New York Coronavirus Data Raises Concerns over Firm’s Chinese Communist Ties
- Russia flatly denies US allegation of World Cup bid bribes
- Coronavirus latest: Pope urges global unity
- Coronavirus latest: Germany approves human vaccine trials
The Latest: Spain investigates Messi's alleged offshore ties have 309 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 4, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.