MADRID (AP) The Latest on the publication by a coalition of media outlets of an investigation into offshore financial dealings by the rich and famous (all times local): 11:55 p.m. The Panamanian law firm at the center of a big document leak, Mossack Fonseca, served as an official intermediary for a company sanctioned by the U.S. government for its ties to Zimbabwean leader Robert Mugabe, according to U.S. Treasury Department records. In 2008, the Treasury Department barred American citizens and companies from doing business with Billy Rautenbach, a Zimbabwean businessman, and one of his companies, Ridgepoint Overseas Developments Ltd. The U.S. also sought to freeze Rautenbach’s assets because of what it said were his ties to corrupt Mugabe officials on a large-scale mining project, according to a Treasury Department press release at the time. According to the Treasury Department’s release, Ridgepoint listed Mossack Fonseca’s office in the British Virgin Islands as its official address. The sanctions meant the company and Rautenbach were barred from U.S. business until 2014. Mossack Fonseca said in a statement Monday that it never knowingly worked with people with ties to Zimbabwe. The law firm said, ”If for some reason, unbeknownst to us, some company formed… Read full this story
- This law firm says companies should sack people for swearing
- Multinational law firm Fieldfisher sets up Belfast office, creating 125 jobs
- Law firm Bub Gauweiler has a high-profile past but questionable future
- Major international law firm moves into Northern Ireland creating 125 jobs
- €755m bonanza for 'Big Seven' Irish law firms
- Mystery as Plymouth law firm closes suddenly
- Is Brexit an opportunity for Irish law firms?
- City law firm criticises HMRC's use of informants to claw back receipts from tax evaders
- Law firm's new compliance head
- Law firm recognised for securing £300k worth of legacy gifts for cancer charity
The Latest: Panama law firm helped company tied to Mugabe have 299 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 4, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.