MADRID (AP) The Latest on the publication by a coalition of media outlets of an investigation into offshore financial dealings by the rich and famous (all times local): 9:15 p.m. The editor in chief of the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper says more than 1,000 Germans are named in the leaked Panama Papers on offshore accounts and they used all the major German banks. Wolfgang Krach says the banks involved included Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank, the Hypo Vereinsbank and the Bayrische Landesbank. The Munich-based paper was offered the leaked data from a Panama law firm more than a year ago through an encrypted channel by an anonymous source. Bastian Obermayer, a reporter for the paper, said the source sought unspecified security measures but no compensation. The documents provided – amounting to about 2.6 terabytes of data – included emails, financial spreadsheets, passports and corporate records detailing how the rich and powerful used banks, law firms and offshore shell companies to hide their assets from 1977 through the end of 2015. Krach told The Associated Press the paper and its partners verified the authenticity of the data by comparing it to public registers, witness testimony and court rulings. — 8:20 p.m. The U.S. Justice… Read full this story
- Huge new Facebook data leak exposed intimate details of 3m users
- O2 customer data leak: Industry reaction
- Panama Papers data leak shines light on elite’s money moves
- Indian Government questions Facebook over alleged data leak, wants response by 7 April
- 2.6 billion data records stolen last year
- The Latest: Facebook disabled 1.3B fake accounts in 6 months
- FedEx Exposed Customer Data To The Public For Years
- Data security and the cloud: Earn trust by putting your customers in control
- Is a U.S. intelligence agency behind the Panama Papers, linking Russian President Putin to $2b offshore scheme?
- US 'steps up' spying against 320 Germans
The Latest: Over 1,000 Germans tied to offshore data leak have 292 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 4, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.