The Golden State Warriors’ 112-95 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday was so unbelievable that head coach Steve Kerr could only come up with one explanation: It was a generational loss.How else can one explain a plus-.900 team losing to a sub-.200 team this late in the season?Following the upset, Kerr said that the Warriors had “zero attention span” and simply couldn’t focus, which he jokingly believes stems from the team’s Millennial culture:The average age of the Warriors roster is 27.5 years old, which isn’t that young, but qualifies the Dubs as a Millennial-centric team (nine of their 15 players are 28 or younger). The Millennial generation is loosely defined as being born between the early ’80s to early ’00s, which technically qualifies all 15 Warriors (the oldest player, Anderson Varejao, was born in 1982).According to Kerr, this is a running joke between him and Stephen Curry — a 27-year-old Millennial — as Curry sometimes asks Kerr if he can use his phone during games (via the San Francisco Chronicle):Unlike Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver, Kerr is clearly kidding.All jokes aside, the Warriors couldn’t connect from deep (13.3 percent on 3-pointers), couldn’t take care of the ball (20… Read full this story
- Steve Kerr on speculation about Kevin Durant’s future: ‘It’s not easy’
- For Warriors’ Steve Kerr, losing season still has merits
- Steve Kerr says not to compare these Warriors to 1998 ‘last dance’ Bulls
- Warriors give up 61 points to Damian Lillard in OT loss to Blazers
- NBA Midseason Grades: Lakers, Bucks have surprise company among teams with highest marks
- Jumping the gun on LeBron James' Lakers and a wide-open MVP race among top 10 NBA first-quarter takeaways
- Now what for Lakers after DeMarcus Cousins injury?
- NBA Power Rankings: Milwaukee on top, Jazz pass Lakers for second
- Knicks management ‘not happy with where we are right now’ after blowout loss to Cavs
- Kemba Walker After Loss To Pistons: ‘I Have To Be Better For My Teammates’
Steve Kerr blames loss to Lakers on Millennial’s lack of focus have 323 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 7, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.