DORAL, Fla. (AP) Rory McIlroy used three words to try to diffuse a question about Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and how it affects a World Golf Championship played at a Trump-owned golf course. ”I’m not American,” McIlroy said as the room broke into laughter and some applause. McIlroy, the 26-year-old from Northern Ireland, knows all about the distractions Trump can cause even when politics aren’t involved. A year ago, McIlroy slung his 3-iron into the water left of the eighth hole out of frustration. Trump hired divers to fish it out, and the practice range on Sunday morning at Trump National Doral became a sideshow when Trump presented the 3-iron to McIlroy. Now it’s about politics. A local news reporter asked a 72-word question that McIlroy handled with ease. The reporter followed with more generic questions about whether the political ”shenanigans” would be a distraction. ”He’s not going to be the leader of my country,” McIlroy said, drawing more laughs. ”Look, it really doesn’t bother me too much. I’ve been following it. I really thought I knew what politics were until I started to watch some of these presidential debates. I mean, not saying that the political system in Northern… Read full this story
- Here are 8 concrete steps Mexico needs to take to prepare for Trump's deportations
- It’s OK to Discuss Trump’s Mental Health
- Ivanka Trump Is Getting Better at Bullshitting and I'm Scared
- President Trump: Here's how it happens
- Jim Brown Praises Trump, 'I'm Pulling for the President'
- Trump’s 2018: A year in a stranger-than-sitcom presidency
- The Answer's Not a Secret
- I went back home to Louisiana to meet a black televangelist pastor who's voting for Trump
- 94 Percent of Blacks Call Trump Unfit
- I tried to ignore the election's racism. Then anti-Muslim Trump fans egged my car.
McIlroy's simple answer on Trump drama: 'I'm no American' have 299 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 2, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.