Indonesia keeps anti-dumping duty on Vietnam steel
By Tran Thu – The Saigon Times Daily
HCMC – The Indonesian Anti-dumping Committee (KADI) has decided to impose anti-dumping tariffs on steel imports from abroad including Vietnam for another five years, the Vietnam Competition Authority said on March 28.
KADI on March 16 issued a final conclusion on the sunset review of anti-dumping measures for cold-rolled steel imported from Vietnam, Taiwan, China, South Korea and Japan.
Accordingly, KADI proposed extending the valid period of anti-dumping duties by five years with tax rates of 18.6-55.6% for Japan, 13.6-43.5% for China, 10.1-11% for South Korea, 5.9-20.6% for Taiwan and 12.3-27.8% for Vietnam.
In late December 2012, KADI decided to slap the anti-dumping duties of 13.5-36.6% on cold-rolled steel imported from Vietnam after launching an investigation into this product in June 2011.
A vice chairman of the Vietnam Steel Association (VSA) told the Daily in January 2013 that cold-rolled steel exports to Indonesia mainly came from Posco Vietnam Steel Corporation but the volume was not big.
He said apart from cold-rolled steel, Vietnam also exported color-coated steel sheets and ingots to Indonesia. Due to the soaring import of coated steel sheets, Indonesia adopted safeguard measures by raising import duties on the product imported from Vietnam and other markets.
In recent years, Vietnam’s steel exports have faced anti-dumping lawsuits and safeguard duties from many countries, including the U.S., Turkey, Brazil, Australia and other ASEAN countries.
- Anti-dumping duties on steel products extended for 5 more years
- Vietnam imposes anti-dumping duties on Chinese, S.Korean steel
- Malaysia revises anti-dumping duties on cold rolled steel from Vietnam
- Colour-coated steel imports subject to anti-dumping duties
- DOC announces review on anti-dumping duties on frozen tra fish fillets from Viet Nam
- DOC announces review on anti-dumping duties on tra fish from Viet Nam
- Vietnam slaps anti-dumping duties on Chinese, Taiwanese steel
- Vietnam to slap anti-dumping duties on Chinese, South Korean steel
- DOC announces review on anti-dumping duties on frozen tra fish fillets from Việt Nam
- Vietnam trade ministry extends anti-dumping duties on Chinese steel to 5 years