Michelle Fields was a regular panelist on the Fox News weekend program Cashin’ In. The program is hosted by Eric Bolling, co-host of The Five, who’s considered one of Trump’s biggest cable news defenders.
Earlier today, The Daily Beast reported that Bolling’s producer informed Fields that she will not be appearing on Cashin’ In anymore because she can no longer be “impartial” about Trump.
The reason for that would be, in case you need a reminder, that Fields has filed a police report alleging that Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski assaulted her.
But Fox News has provided this statement to Mediaite clarifying and refuting parts of the report:
There was never any discussion or directive to remove Michelle Fields from the program and certainly not by Eric Bolling. The only recent conversation about her appearances on Cashin In was with a show producer last night and they mutually agreed to take her role as a guest panelist on a week to week basis.
We will update this post with any new information as it becomes available.
UPDATE –– 3/19, 12:50 pm EST: Bolling briefly addressed it on Cashin’ In Saturday, and he publicly said she might be back on the show, and it would be odd if he said that after she was permanently let go.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Trump had better be careful about hate-tweeting Fox News
- Fox News's Sean Hannity, Geraldo Rivera Blast Michelle Obama's Divorced Dad Comment: 'She's Reduced Us to a Sexist Stereotype'
- 2020 Democrats Seek Voters in an Unusual Spot: Fox News
- ‘Your boss lied’: Sanders, Gidley face vastly different Mueller questions on CNN, Fox News
- Sarah Sanders, Hogan Gidley face vastly different Mueller questions on CNN, Fox News
- Sen. Warren slams Fox News as ‘hate-for-profit racket’
- Fox News from El Paso: An uncomfortable juxtaposition
- Fox News Host Sean Hannity Knew About Trump Tower Meeting Before Media Reports, Told Reince Priebus: Mueller Report
- Fox News Legal Analyst Says Donald Trump's Obstruction Was 'Unlawful, Defenseless and Condemnable'
- Who's Done More Damage to America, Fox News or Twitter?