Do you aspire to be one of those people who knows at least a little bit about a lot of things? There’s any easy way to do it: Read everything! You can’t just stick to the thrillers, anthologies, or biographies you’ve grown partial to. If you really want to become a more well-rounded person, you’ll need to force yourself out of your comfort zone at the bookstore. If you’re not sure where to start, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve selected 24 timeless books on all different topics – politics, science, history, culture, and more – that may help you become the well-rounded person you strive to be. Classic: ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ by Harper Lee First published in 1960 and winner of the 1961 Pulitzer Prize, “To Kill a Mockingbird” was an overnight success. In its first week, it sold 1.1 million copies, and in its lifetime it’s sold more than 40 million copies and has been translated into more than 40 languages. In this American classic, lawyer Atticus Finch agrees to defend a black man who was accused of raping a white woman. The fictional story takes place in the town of Maycomb, Alabama, and is told… Read full this story
- Round-The-World Trip Notes, Part 1: Khao Lak, Thailand.
- Friday's Best Deals: Thermapen, Blendtec, a $9 Book Safe, Dolby Atmos, Sharpies, and More
- Saturday's Best Deals: Discounted Books at Amazon, USB-C Hubs, a Fortnite Bundle, and More
- 24 essential Eric Church songs, from "Two Pink Lines" to "Mr. Misunderstood"
- DON'T MAKE HIM WAIT. Owners need to agree on new commish to give Tags a break
- Bronx Sports Person of the Year: Tom Masella
- Serendipity book offers sweet recipes for party fun
- Reality Bites: A weekly round-up of TV's guiltiest pleasures
- Lawsuits from ex-Scientology members allege elite Sea Org group are round-the-clock slave laborers
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse directors on the film’s gorgeous style
24 books that will make you a more well-rounded person have 308 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at March 22, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.