SEMI, the global industry association serving the nano- and micro-electronic manufacturing supply chains, will once again be hosting SEMICON Southeast Asia (SEMICON SEA), the region’s premier showcase for microelectronics innovation. With the objective to champion regional collaboration, the showcase will open new business opportunities for customers and foster stronger cross-regional engagement. Set to take place from 26-28 April 2016 at the Subterranean Penang International Convention and Exhibition Centre (SPICE) in Penang, Malaysia, SEMICON SEA 2016 will offer a complete platform for engaging customers, suppliers, engineers and decision-makers from across the industry.
According to Ng Kai Fai, President of SEMI Southeast Asia, “SEMICON SEA 2016 is the ideal place to discover the technologies and trends that are driving advances in microelectronics manufacturing. From an in-depth market trends briefing, to technology and business forums, visitors will be able to learn what is driving development and growth in the global and Southeast Asia microelectronics markets”
“With stronger and more expanded content, we expect the showcase this year to reach to a larger audience, not only from Malaysia and Singapore, but also from leading semiconductor nations such as Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia,” he added.
SEMICON SEA 2016 will focus on the key trends and solutions in semiconductor design and manufacturing, including emphasis on serving the needs of expanding applications markets many of which require development of specialized materials, packaging, and test technologies, as well as new architectures and processes.
“Our inaugural SEMICON SEA 2015 was a resounding success with a total of 6,940 industry players from around the world attending the three-day conference. Furthermore, visitors last were those who are primarily involved in purchasing decisions, influencing the selection and final purchase of microelectronics manufacturing equipment, materials, components, and services.”
“The positive response for SEMICON SEA last year clearly shows that industry participants recognises the need to network, collaborate and innovate in order to grow and compete. Furthermore, SEMICON SEA gives exhibitors the opportunity to engage with their customers and showcase their technology leadership. In fact, this year, we are already off to a good start with many of our booths already been taken up. As such, we are confident that SEMICON SEA 2016 will be another sterling success.”
- A False Dawn for Journalists in Southeast Asia
- Alibaba’s Trojan Horse for Southeast Asia
- US-China trade tensions concern for Southeast Asia: Singapore PM
- Forget China, There’s An E-Commerce Gold Rush In Southeast Asia
- Alibaba and Tencent are carving up Southeast Asia’s startup ecosystem
- Alibaba gets serious in Southeast Asia in preparation for battle with Amazon
- Alibaba ups its stake in Southeast Asia’s Lazada with $1 billion investment
- Amazon delays its entry into Southeast Asia
- Venturra Capital Is A Big-Hitting $150M Fund For Startups In Southeast Asia
- Expedia invests $350M in Traveloka to create Southeast Asia’s newest unicorn