For most retailers, physical presence still matters. To illustrate, in Q3 2015, US census figures revealed that $87.5 billion was done in e-commerce sales, but that in toto, e-commerce sales represented only 7.4% of total US retail revenue (PDF).Retailers are aware of this, which is why the concept of an “omnichannel” — that is, the ability to interact effectively with customers through any virtual or physical channel — is important. The goal of the omnichannel is to create total visibility of everything a customer does with the retailer, regardless of the channel of interaction, so that the retailer and the customer are always on the same page.A critical element of the omnichannel approach is analytics — both at the individual customer level and at broader levels of what customers are buying at certain locales and at certain times of day. If a retailer can get a grasp of the latter, it is in a better position to understand how it can best reach out to customers through e-commerce, and also through the strategic positioning of physical stores that will garner the most trade.On the analytics front, data about customer behaviors and sales from store and e-commerce points must be able… Read full this story
- Kids stuck at home? These Oculus Quest games will get them up and moving
- Which VR headsets can you actually buy at the launch of Half-Life: Alyx?
- DeKoding KarJenner Style: Kim Kardashian and the Underwear as Outerwear Revolution
- ‘Brockmire’ Season 4 Review: The End of the World As We Know It
- The best GPU and VR headset for Half-Life: Alyx
- Coronavirus live updates: Over 500 cases in Texas, city ramps up testing
- This is the end of an era for job interviews for hourly workers
- Infor Positioned as a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems
- Adidas celebrates women in sports with 'FasterThan' campaign
- Adidas launches “FasterThan” campaign to celebrate women in sports
How analytics fits into retail's quest for omnipresence have 308 words, post on www.techrepublic.com at January 11, 2016. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.